4 September 2026

Graduated

In March 2024, I travelled to Hobart with my husband to attend my graduation ceremony at the University of Tasmania.

I had begun my university journey in 2021, and I suppose when I imagined this day back then, I pictured it rather differently. By the time graduation came around, Dad was very much on my mind, and that sadness sat quietly alongside the pride of finally reaching the end.

Even so, it is an experience I will never forget.

The ceremony was livestreamed, which meant Mum was able to watch from home in Queensland. She has since told me she has watched it several times, which still makes me smile.

There is something quite special about the moment captured in this photograph - walking across the stage in my gown and mortar board and accepting my Bachelor of Business degree certificate from the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Tasmania.

More than two years later, I look back on that day with mixed emotions, but mostly with gratitude. It wasn’t quite the graduation I had imagined when I first began, but it marked the end of a journey I am very glad I made.



No comments: