13 January 2007

NET11 - Module 1 & 2: Self-evaluation

I thought I would include here the questions I answered incorrectly for two reasons. Firstly, to help me remember the correct answers and secondly, to remind myself to pay attention!

Q1 - Which of the following is NOT an example of email metadata? a) Body, b) Subject, c) From, d) To, e) All of the above, f) None of the above.
I answered f) None of the above. WRONG. What is metadata? data about the message. The body is the message.. ALTHOUGH one of the concepts we've been studying (No. 6 - Reading the difference between 'surface' metadata and 'implied' metadata) suggests that sometimes we need to look at the body of a message to verify its suitability from various signals that are provided in the content.

Q16 - What program, still in use today, is widely referred to as the 'first' internet application?
I answered "email". WRONG. How could I forget about telnet?

A third question was marked incorrect also, although I was on the right track with my answer.

Q14 - The Usenet is a distributed system of messages and is divided into ...?
I answered "groups". I should have been more specific and used the correct term "newsgroups".

No comments: